When moving slides from one presentation to another, the slide formatting (based on the master slides) is your choice – if you use the Paste Dialog.
1. From any presentation, copy the slides either in the left pane or slide sorter.
2. Go to the presentation where the slides are to be added and paste them in.
3. To paste, click where new slides are to be added and right-click. From the pop-up dialog, under “Paste Options” select “Use Destination Theme.”
4. The pasted slides will take on the formatting from the master slide set in the presentation:
5. Or you can choose “Keep Source Formatting:”
6. With “Source Formatting” the new slides retain their orginal master slide and formatting:
The choice is yours!
– Troy @ TLC